Day 1: Nairobi
- On arrival, meet with our Arkman safari representative at a specific meeting point, whether it is a hotel, residence, Jomo Kenyatta International Airport or another location within Nairobi.
- Transfer to a city hotel such as Ibis Style Westlands, or similar, within Nairobi.
Meal Plan: Lunch and Dinner.
Day 2: Nairobi to Masai Mara Game Reserve
- After breakfast depart by road to the iconic Masai Mara Game Reserve, It’s one of the great wonders of the world in terms of animal migrations, As per ABC News “Good Morning America” show.
- A brief stop-over at the Great Rift Valley viewpoint will give you the chance for some great photographs. After this stop-over, you will head on to Maasai Mara through Narok town.
- Upon arrival you will check-in to your camp/lodge of choice, enjoy lunch and later take off for your first afternoon game drive in this world famous reserve which forms the Northern part of Serengeti National Park.
- You´ll be back in time for dinner and your overnight stay.
Meal Plan: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner.
Day 3: Masai Mara Game Reserve
- There are two options for this full day in the Mara.
- Option 1:
- Early morning balloon safaris are a “never to be forgotten” experience that can be enjoyed by couples of families. Your Arkman driver will drop you off and the landing site of the balloon company. The cost per person is USD450.
- For couples, balloon safaris are a romantic and evocative way of experiencing the wilderness of East Africa. As you gracefully and silently fly over the plains, you will be able to witness the various animals, including lions and elephants, roam around in the early morning.
- Balloon safaris typically begin at 6:00 am and last around an hour and can take off from various locations to avoid disturbance to animals. After the journey is complete, you will be taken to have a unique, one of a kind, breakfast “in the bush”, where you will be served champagne and have waiters on hand to give you a fitting finale to your memorable flight in the bush.
- Our Arkman driver will then pick you up from the drop-off location to begin a game drive. If requested beforehand, the camp/lodge will prepare a lunch box which is given to the driver, so you can enjoy a picnic in a designated safe eating spot.
- You will then continue your game drive and return back to the camp/lodge for dinner.
- Option 2:
- Have breakfast at the hotel followed by a morning game drive.
- Return to the hotel for lunch, and have an afternoon game drive in which you can visit a village of the Masai people to witness the singing and dancing that are part of their daily lives and sacred rituals. You can also have a glimpse into their homes and social structures. The cost of this is USD 30 per person.
- We then return to the camp/lodge to relax and have dinner and overnight stay.
Meal Plan: All 3 meals included.
Day 4: Masai Mara Game Reserve to Lake Naivasha
- After an early breakfast, checkout from camp/lodge to depart by road to Lake Naivasha.
- Lake Naivasha is a freshwater lake birding paradise. Along the lake’s fabled waters, you may be able to see some of the areas more intriguing species, including hippos, giraffes, buffalo, and even the arboreal colobus monkey.
- Lake Naivasha lies in the Great Rift Valley and the name derives from the local Masai name Nai’posha, meaning “rough water” because of the sudden storms which can arise.
- Arrive to camp/lodge of choice in good time for lunch.
- Option 1: Enjoy a boat tour around Lake Naivasha where you will be able to see hippos and various species of birds.
- Option 2: Visit Crescent Island – a private sanctuary, where you can walk beneath yellow-barked acacias (yellow fever trees) in search of several animals including giraffes, wildebeests, impalas, Dikdiks, elands, water bucks and countless bird species.
- Return to camp/lodge of choice for dinner and overnight stay.
Meal Plan: All 3 meals included.
Day 5: DEPART
- After breakfast, depart back to Nairobi arriving in the early afternoon.
- Arrive back at Nairobi before lunch where you will be dropped off in your desired location within Nairobi, this being a specific location, residence, hotel, or Jomo Kenyatta International Airport.
Meal Plan: Breakfast only.
- Accommodation in a Standard doubles room, hotel, camp and lodge as per the itinerary.
- All meals as per the itinerary; full board while on safari, bed and breakfast for Nairobi city accommodation.
- Transportation, transfers, sightseeing and game viewing as detailed in the itinerary.
- Local, professional English speaking driver guides that are knowledgeable, helpful and highly experienced with extensive training.
- Game drives in a 4×4 Safari Van or Land Cruiser (optional with different cost)that are custom built to provide ample leg room, large pop-up roof hatches for game viewing and photographic opportunities and fitted with two spare tires, cooler boxes, equipped toolkits, a comprehensive first aid kits, fire extinguishers, seat belts, canvas seats and VHF radios
- Each client two bottles 500ml drinking water per day.
- Service charges, hotel taxes and government taxes as per NOW.
SERVICES NOT INCLUDED
- Any optional activities are not included.
- All park and conservancy entry fees
- Extra meals and drinks are not included.
- All statutory increases beyond our control
- All items of personal nature and not mention in itinerary e.g. phone calls, shopping etc.
- International flights
- Travel Insurance.
- Visa fee.
- Tips for hotel or tour driver or tour guide.