Day 1: Nairobi to Masai Mara National Reserve
- On arrival, meet with our Arkman safari representative at a specific meeting point, whether it is a hotel, residence, Jomo Kenyatta International Airport or another location within Nairobi.
- You will then be driven to Masai Mara Game Reserve in our customized open-roof safari van.
- A brief stopover at the Great Rift Valley viewpoint will give you the chance for some great photographs. After this stop-over, you will head on to Maasai Mara through Narok town.
- Upon arrival you will check-in to your camp/lodge of choice, enjoy lunch and later take off for your first afternoon game drive in this world famous reserve which forms the Northern part of Serengeti National Park.
- After your afternoon game drive, you will return to the hotel to have dinner and overnight stay.
Meal Plan: Lunch & Dinner (Breakfast not included).
Day 2: Masai Mara National Reserve
- After breakfast you will experience a full day game drive in the Masai Mara with a picnic lunch; offering wonderful scenery and plenty of wildlife.
- Masai Mara is one of the few regions left in Kenya where visitors can see the same abundance of animals as over a century ago. Africa has a long history of capturing the imagination of travelers. It is a continent of dramatic contrasts that gives you unforgettable and remarkable experience
- The afternoon game drive will take you in search of the famous black-manned lion. This reserve has several biomes including savanna, rolling grasslands, gallery forest on the Mara River and tributaries. Soak in the abundance of untamed wilderness, fresh and natural scenery, filled with exotic wildlife!
- Later in the evening you will return to your camp/lodge for dinner and your overnight stay.
Meal Plan: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner.
Day 3: Masai Mara National Reserve to Lake Nakuru National Park
- After breakfast you will checkout from your camp/lodge and begin your last game drive as we exit the park. With luck we will be able to see several animals before exiting, including the Thompson’s and Grant gazelle, topi, eland, zebras, lions, cheetahs, elephants, and over 450 birds species; including over 50 birds of prey.
- We will then exit the reserve and begin our drive to Lake Nakuru National Park. Once we reach your camp/lodge of choice, you will rest and have lunch.
- Lake Nakuru was once known as just a bird sanctuary, especially for the lesser and greater flamingos, which engulf the lake. However, now it is home to the white rhino and Rothschild giraffe, besides the herbivores like buck and antelope. Leopards can also be seen in this park. The vegetation is of the drier type. The flat-topped acacia and the candelabra cactus are a feature of the landscape.
- After lunch we will begin an afternoon game drive where you may be able to see several of the animals mentioned above, including lions.
- Return to the camp/lodge for dinner and overnight.
Meal Plan: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner.
Day 4: Lake Nakuru National Park to Lake Naivasha
- After breakfast, we depart to Lake Naivasha. Once we reach your camp/lodge of choice and are accommodated, we will begin a short drive to Hells Gate National Park.
- Lake Naivasha is about 13 kilometers across, but has shallow water. It is a bird watchers paradise and its waters are home to the iconic hippo. You may also be able to see giraffes and antelopes.
- Hells Gate National Park is a unique because it is one of the only national parks that you can walk, bike, rock climb, or just simply drive. The parks unusual name comes from its rock formations as well as intense geothermal activity. You can explore obsidian caves or go to the Ol Njorowa Gorge. There is also a spa in the park which consists of man made pools that are fed by natural hot springs.
- After your visit to Hells Gate, you have lunch at a restaurant of choice, followed by two options.
- Option 1: Build onto your adventure by having a lake tour which lasts around three hours, followed by a walk on the famous Crescent Island, which is a private sanctuary. Then returning to your camp/lodge for dinner and overnight stay.
- Option 2: Return back to your hotel to have a relaxing afternoon, followed by dinner and overnight stay.
Meal Plan: Breakfast & Dinner only.
Day 5: Lake Naivasha to Nairobi
- After breakfast, spend some time at your own leisure, relaxing and absorbing the sun before we depart to Nairobi.
- Arrive back at Nairobi where you will be dropped off in your desired location within Nairobi, this being a specific location, residence, hotel, or Jomo Kenyatta International Airport.
Meal Plan: Breakfast only.
- Accommodation in a Standard doubles room, hotel, camp and lodge as per the itinerary.
- All meals as per the itinerary; full board while on safari, bed and breakfast for Nairobi city accommodation.
- Transportation, transfers, sightseeing and game viewing as detailed in the itinerary.
- Local, professional English speaking driver guides that are knowledgeable, helpful and highly experienced with extensive training.
- Game drives in a 4×4 Safari Van or Land Cruiser (optional with different cost)that are custom built to provide ample leg room, large pop-up roof hatches for game viewing and photographic opportunities and fitted with two spare tires, cooler boxes, equipped toolkits, a comprehensive first aid kits, fire extinguishers, seat belts, canvas seats and VHF radios.
- Each client two bottles 500ml drinking water per day.
- All park and conservancy entry fees.
- Service charges, hotel taxes and government taxes as per NOW.
SERVICES NOT INCLUDED
- Any optional activities are not included.
- Extra meals and drinks are not included.
- All statutory increases beyond our control
- All items of personal nature and not mention in itinerary e.g. phone calls, shopping etc.
- International flights.
- Travel Insurance.
- Visa fee.
- Tips for hotel or tour driver or tour guide.